01 April 2013


Put yer feet up, it's time for a picture show

(October, November & December 2012 - stuff I wanted to post about before it vanished from my memory)

October 2012, I attended a script reading at my former landlord's flat. She's now writing scripts and when she came by my market stall at the end of September I told her I'd be happy to read anything she's working on (I used to be a script editor) and so she invited me for the table read. I took the long way to get there, taking a detour through the botanic gardens, and when I arrived I couldn't believe the amazing table spread - it was all so beautiful. I ended up reading a wee part, so those acting classes came in handy and it was a very pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

Season of mists
Season of mists

Autumn Frost
Autumn Frost

tea time

Glasgow 21101233

Glasgow 21101230

These are some of pieces from a photoshoot I did last Autumn for Little Soap Suds. They look edible, but are truly just delicious smelling soap.

Black Forest Gateau SOAP
Black Forest Gateau SOAP

Sugar Soap Mice
Sugar Soap Mice

Oreo Cookie Cupcake Soap
Oreo Cookie Cupcake Soap


November 11, 2012 my buddy Caroline and I decided to check out Tollcross Park, a 91 acre park located just three miles from Glasgow city centre. I'd stumbled across this when searching for.... well, fuck, I was searching for something, just can't remember what, but we'd both been looking for somewhere close for a photo wander and there ya go. The big surprise when we arrived, however, was that this place has a Children's Farm AND a Secret Garden. Never found the garden, but did find these:

Snuffleupagus
Snuffleupagus

Mansion House
Mansion House

This is a closeup of the house detail. I can't quite put my finger on the why of it, but this looks kinda familiar ;-D
Mansion House

Silver Sebright
Silver Sebright

Pleurotus cornucopiae (Paulet) Rolland - Branched Oyster Mushroom
Tollcross Park

Zebra Finch
Zebra Finch

While wandering about by the (internationally famous) rose garden, we came upon Jessie - a super nice lady at the park who comes to feed the birds. While she was posing for Caroline, I snuck a photo. Or two.
Jessie

After the park, Caroline and I went to the No 1 Chocolate Factory for a late lunch. This was incredibly yummy. And I ate every bit of it.
No 1 Chocolate Factory

November 18, 2012 my friend Petra and I went across to Edinburgh to look at some flats (for her) and to have a wander about town.

Sandy Irvine Robertson O.B.E
Sandy Irvine Robertson O.B.E

View of Western Harbour Breakwater from Handmade Burger Co. at the Ocean Terminal mall:
Leith
Western Harbour Breakwater

December 2012 saw me across to Edinburgh for not one, but TWO consecutive trips. The first one, it was too damn cold out so Sarah and I abandoned my photo buddies and made a bee-line for the pub. The second trek I met up with an old friend first thing in the morning and then that afternoon caught up to Sarah again and we spent a few more hours walking, chatting, eating, and me taking the occasional photo (ya know, the usual):

seen at the German Market - this smelled amazing
... and everything nice

Leith Street Footbridge
Leith Street Footbridge

St Cuthbert's Church
St Cuthbert's Church

Edinburgh 15121205

Merry Christmas

And finally... on December 7, 2012, while walking home past the Science Centre, I was treated to a surprise fireworks display!

Colours of Glasgow

Friday Night Lights

Friday Night Lights

Friday Night Lights

(one more entry for 2012 to come ... _Christmas in Paris_)

2 Comments:

OpenID scannercalypte said...

I am falling more and more in love with the medium of photography :) Love that ball-of-feather, the colours of fall, the memory of the dried fruit scents! :)

And... was anything more ever said about the soaps/website/reviewing thingie?

3:48 pm  
Blogger Gertie said...

I know, right! That thing smelled so awesome.

We HAVE to get back out with the cameras. You are very creative - I'd like to see what you see & shoot (hint, hint)

No... last I heard their new website was in the pipeline but it's been silent since January.

4:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home